Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What work do you have? post pics if you can!

Im looking to get something for my 21st b-day, have a few ideas, but looking for further inspiration

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Heres mine...took me years to come up with it...I like it, seems like just car guys know what it is LOL. John

Attachments

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I don't do tats

Some of my old friends made the decision to get tattooed years ago, I never thought it was ans option....to each his own!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 7, none car related. Few bits of tattoo info:

1. It doesn't hurt like people will have you think. The first 5 minutes it hurts - after that it is just annoying. After it's done it will feel like sunburn. In my experience the pain is area dependent, from least to worst : calf/leg, back, arm / shoulder, chest. From what I've heard, hands, top of foot and neck are no joy either.

2. The healing process as it itches and scabs is the worst part of the whole process.

3. Just like Lay's, you can't have just one.

4. When in doubt be more conservative and original.

5. Get GOOD tattoos from GOOD artists and PAY them for their work.

·
here to learn
276 Posts
i thought about getting "EXIT ONLY" on my butt, as a joke obviously, but if i ever went to jail i think it would be a VERY BAD IDEA

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
I am curious also...why the chinese writing? Are your wife and kids chinese? Do chinese people get their wife/kids names in english because they think it is cool also?
Later,
WEIMER

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dude i knew got a chinese symbol on his neck that was suppposed to say "jesus", but when he went to china town a dude stopped him and asked "why does you neck say insest?"

thats one reason i won't do any foreign writing (no offense to dubie)

anyways im thinking about getting the nitro fish, mabye on my forearm or tricep.
my friend also suggested getting my car done, if i do that it will have to be absolutly perfect

·
Registered
358 Posts
My GF asked a co-worker about his chinese symbol tat (neck), what the artist told him it said, she told him that she took Mandarin Chinese in college and that his said "pork fried rice" or something like that.... he is freaking out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
paperairplane said:
I have 7, none car related. Few bits of tattoo info:

1. It doesn't hurt like people will have you think. The first 5 minutes it hurts - after that it is just annoying. After it's done it will feel like sunburn. In my experience the pain is area dependent, from least to worst : calf/leg, back, arm / shoulder, chest. From what I've heard, hands, top of foot and neck are no joy either.

2. The healing process as it itches and scabs is the worst part of the whole process.

3. Just like Lay's, you can't have just one.

4. When in doubt be more conservative and original.

5. Get GOOD tattoos from GOOD artists and PAY them for their work.
Feet hurt immensely.....the back isn't too bad, tummy area is bad.

For me...the pain was intense, it felt like the needles were going through my body, like they would stab through and come out the other side any minute....But...everyone handles their pain differently.

DON'T PICK YOUR SCABS!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kanji are the Japanese symbols used for tattoos. There are a few complicating matters with regard to accuracte translations:

1. Japan and China both use kanji, but there are some differnces in usage, much the way a person from Spain and a person from Mexico use some Spanish words differently.

2. There are formal and casual uses of kanji.

3. Each symbol has a meaning, but when you combine different pieces the whole may have a different meaning than each piece individually.

4. The way the piece is drawn can affect the meaning.

I have 4 pieces of kanji. Earth, fire, water and spirit. I checked several sources to be sure that I was at least close to what I wanted. I am willing to accept some innaccuracy, as I consider tattoo an art for and therefore subject to some interpretation.

As for why i have kanji pieces, I like traditional Japanese tattoos more so than "Sailor Jerry" or the newer bio-mechanical style pieces. I figure it's my money and my skin so I'll get what I like.

Why do non-Germans put Iron crosses on themselves, their cars, their shirts? Do Germans put American flags on their stuff?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts