Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vote goes for the 1979 Olds 442. You gotta hate the ugly fastback and the totally wimpy 260.

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
I really didn't care to much for the last of the old GTO's in the mid seventies or the 71 and later Javelins , but this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a buddy in high school that had a mustang 2, I thought that it was really ugly...

·
Registered
1 Posts
we have to establish what is a muscle car. I would not say that the mustang 2 or any car after 1974 meets the bill. You could argue about the Trans Am, but as a guide I dont believe in anything after the demise of the E-body mopars. 1972 could really be called the end of the line.

With those criteria in effect, I must say the Buick Riviera with that body style that could not tell its front from its back. Butt ugly!

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Boy,this is gonna get heated. I am not saying anything(AMC).Nothing whatso ever(Javelin).Nope,not me(Javelin)Cant make me do it(Javelin). So I will keep my .02 to myself.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
I would have to say, any of those early 60s Mopars......

Of course, now, they are so collectible, even if they were ugly.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i see somebody is sensitive about it. yea i d have to say the gremlin. or the VW bug ,man i hate that one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I never really liked the Gremlin (sorry HG, just looks to much like the pacer) or the Hornet.

I do like the Javelin and the AMX though :D

*runs and hides*

;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess that "muscle car" was not an appropriate term to use. I think that perhaps the proper thing would be to say any car. My original intent was that the 442 started out as a muscle car but really got watered down until it's worst year 1979.

That being said, I really don't care for the 69 cuda (sorry to Mopar guys), I just didn't care for the fast back...

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
dubya30 said:
My vote goes for the 1979 Olds 442. You gotta hate the ugly fastback and the totally wimpy 260.
Dude that car doesn't deserve to be called a muscle car.

71-72 Charger R/T gets my vote.

73-later Chargers are to slow to be allowed in the category.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Re: ugly car

bracketeer said:
I'd have to say the superbird or superbee. not sure which one. the one with the pointy nose.
The Superbird. And it wasn't just ugly, it was butt ugly. :D A cartoon car. Dan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any Pre 70 Torino was ugly
Pre 68 Chargers were ugly
early barracudas were ugly (the first ones blech!)

And it took a long time for me to warm up to my chevelle and I still think it looks bad from certain angles. It isn't a 70 thats for sure.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts