Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 83 camaro. NoT A Z28, just a plain ol camaro. But in 83 the biggest engine it came with was a 305, I ran the number on the block and i found out that its a L98 or 89 something alone those lines and it was in the 79 z28. Will those numbers be on a 305 also? Is there any part, like a starter or something i can look up to see what i got.

Ray

·
Registered
948 Posts
What are the numbers on the block?? Look at the picture I attached to get the locations. Compare your heads to the other picture. Remove a valve cover to get the casting number off the head if you don't mind spending a couple bucks on some new gaskets. They are probably leaking after 25 years anyways.

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
camarodude87 said:
I have a 83 camaro. NoT A Z28, just a plain ol camaro. But in 83 the biggest engine it came with was a 305, I ran the number on the block and i found out that its a L98 or 89 something alone those lines and it was in the 79 z28. Will those numbers be on a 305 also? Is there any part, like a starter or something i can look up to see what i got.

Ray
Post the numbers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.