Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am newbie taking on learning body work, I have been a mechanic for 25 years but really want to learn "the other side" so to speak. I have a new shop with overhead heating that warms things up pretty well, however we have been having lows into the single digits so it takes forever to heat things up into the the 50-60 degree range, then the heater runs non-stop trying to maintain a decent temp. I am trying to figure out if it makes sense for me to start applying filler while it is so cold, do I want to pay the heating bills to leave the heater blowing away between coats, etc? My project is fabbed and ready but I am not sure it would be wise to tackle right now or wait until it warms up in a few weeks? Cold weather guys help me out here..

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Use a heat lamp or similar to warm the repair area up before the filler is applied and also during the curing stage, you can sand it at any temperature. Shoot for a minimum of 60 degree panel temperature, 65-70 would be better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.