Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently building a 65 CUSTOM CAB CHEVY, and I want to put the tallest and widest wheel I can possibly get under this dude! I'm going to lower the truck but was going to wait until I determine wheel size. Or should I lower first, then determine what space I have to tuck these bad boys. I want to go with 20's on all four corners, but I don't know the max width (or backspacing and offset) to go with. Does anyone know, or has anyone seen a good setup for these 60-66 trucks? I want this dude low and fat in the rear. I know the look I want but just not sure how to get it! Could anyone in the rodder family help me with this? Thanks CUSTOM DELUXE

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
To take measurements you will need the suspension at the proposed ride height and front end aligned at that height, since height affects caster and camber. You will have to measure suspension travel and front tire turning clearance. At the rear you will have to look at clearance when one side compresses because the "camber" changes so radically.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
The last year, three of the major magazines had articles about mounting large tires and wheels, and showed neat tools to determine clearance without actually mounting real wheels and tires on the vehicle.

I gave the information on threads.

You might try going to CC, HR, and PHR sites and doing a site search.

Here's the critter from Jeg's. :thumbup:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10002_761153_-1

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.