Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got a 1937 olds humpback and wanna get it sitting as close to the ground as possible... i want to keep mostly standard suspension with drum brakes. i have been looking everywhere for dropped uprights or spindles but havent had any luck with it.. :mad: so if anyone knows about how to get a set or has a set or even any other method apart from chopping springs . it would be greatly appreciated. thanks :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
If the lower control arms are stamped steel as opposed to a cast or forged unit, they likely can be stepped to gain you typically a 2-3" drop on the front end. That along with a minor shortening of the springs should get you the front end height you are looking for with the stock front suspension.

For the rear, de-arch the springs, move the forward spring hanger on the frame up, or alter the rear shackles, or a combination of all the above to get it low.

If you need more details, let me know. A photo showing the front upper and lower control arms could be helpful.

Andy

·
Registered
155 Posts
lowering

Fatman has frame stubs to fit it with a Mustang two front end, or you could
subframe it. The non chevy gm frame/suspension from that era does not
lend itself to easy modifications. I think fatman made dropped spindles
for these at one time- you might check with them for that. Good luck with
your project. Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the control arms are cast. i can get a bit out of the tyres and the springs but id like to get that extra 2-3 inches out of it.. yea ill try to get some photos through .... that is once i work out how to use the computer :smash: . yea the back will be easy enough with de arched springs the chassis rails will get in the way with much more and i dont really want to cut it up. yea ok ill get on to fat man.. thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.