Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad used to have a car, a 78 Nova to be exact. I can't find any like it, it had the 'cabriolet' option with the vinyl top and the opera windows. All the cars I find have four taillight squares with two blanks next to the liscense plate, but my dad's had six full taillight sqares. The trunk was huge, I think larger than usual even. It had the side molding, which I happen not to see often for some reason, maybe they take it off. And it had a 305, I think it might've had an automatic in it. Because I can remember him talking about having a ratchet shifter in it at one time. I believe it was tan interior, tan top, and cream/off white paint. Anyone seen many like this? I have pictures.. I just gotta find em.. they elude me. Anyways, thanks, and I'll post the pics later if I can find them to scan em, I'd really like to find a car like his. I've even thought about selling my lethargic truck and car for it if I could :sweat:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've tried Ebaymotors, at least right now theres nothing like it. I'll have to check Hemmings, I forgot about that. As for the pictures, the second one has the opera windows and the top I spoke of, but the trunk is too short, I might have the year off or something because of that.

Edit: Kay, found the pics of it, the trunk isn't super long, its just that Landau top makes it appear larger because the side windows aren't as far back anymore. I think its spelled Landau anyways :sweat:

It was red interior too, my bad :drool: Still though.. I really want that car, well at least one like it, since my grandpa had this one scrapped after a while.. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts