Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas. You probably get those kind of questions all the time, but here it goes, I was wondering if anybody could plug this into dyno sim or similar computer program

I Have 415 Cid BBC. (396)
10.5 compression.
GM Rect. port 990 heads, heavily ported with 2.19"/1.88" valves.
Solid roller camshaft. - http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/CamDetails.aspx?csid=501&sb=2
Edelbrock Performer RPM dual plane manifold.
Holley HP 850 CFM
Comp 1.7 Roller Rocker arms.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Who's got the balls to guess at HP numbers, but it would be best if someone could plug this engine into a dyno sim og similar computer program.

Maybe we have a game here :D

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Plenty of us have the balls. However, it`s said these questions are supposed to be in the hot rodders basics forum, not here. All I know is, I`m not going to try and guess even so I have a program. The best way to know is run a time at the track then use the math formula, you`ll be shocked how accurate it is compared to a real world dyno test instead of one ran on a computer.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
monzter said:
I was only joking. But about track times, yeah this is going into a truck so i don't think any track times are in sight, But thanks allot for your answer.
What is needed is a quarter mile top speed from a dead stop. Traction, while important in a race is less important when trying to get a top end speed for use as a part of the formula for estimating HP.

Once you have the quarter mile speed, you will need the weight. Then use any of the online programs, like HERE to compute an estimate of your HP.

·
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp
625 Posts
Im not real big on guessing or wanting to know horsepower if thats the case. I am big on how well whatever I have performs to my liking. If I had a hot rod that performed like a bat out of hell and I enjoyed it, but come to find out it only made 250hp I think ill just stick with my 250hp. The point being is that I know everyone is hung up on hp (for bragging rights), but as long the combination does what you want who cares what the numbers are.

But thats just me. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.