Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering just how many of u all have ever heard of a 351 windser boss i bet u all think that i am crazy but thats what i said ford made an intake for this motor but never got around to building it but there is a guy that i kno goes to the races where i live he has shown me this intake and i have to say it is unreal how big the intake holes are he has called everywhere trying to get a nother intake like it and they told him that ford discontinued it back in the day and they was suposed to melt em all down so kno one could try and use them but i kno of 2 that got out and are ready to be put on a motor this guy told him it would take 9,000 to build it and it would have well over 900 horses he is planing on building it here this summer so just ask around and see if anyone has ever heard of a 351w boss

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Yeah........my wife told me about that one.............(Old wives tale)

I dont know about the manifold, but just some intake will not make 900 hp on a 351.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh no not no wives tell this is the real deal and i didnt mean just the intake would make that u will have to do some pretty wicked stuff but just think no one would have that motor around here it would be worth a ton of money

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
well, a boss 351 does have a diffrent intake than regular 351's, but wasn't it because the boss 351 uses cleveland heads? the intake may be unique, but it's nothing special. having big ports in an intake or head is meaningless for a street motor, somthing called port velocity, big ports won't move a small volume as fast as smaller ports can, move the same small volume.

·
Registered
994 Posts
1970NovaBoy said:
I was woundering just how many of u all have ever heard of a 351 windser boss i bet u all think that i am crazy but thats what i said ford made an intake for this motor but never got around to building it but there is a guy that i kno goes to the races where i live he has shown me this intake and i have to say it is unreal how big the intake holes are he has called everywhere trying to get a nother intake like it and they told him that ford discontinued it back in the day and they was suposed to melt em all down so kno one could try and use them but i kno of 2 that got out and are ready to be put on a motor this guy told him it would take 9,000 to build it and it would have well over 900 horses he is planing on building it here this summer so just ask around and see if anyone has ever heard of a 351w boss
Kno won knos knothin knot reely u r crazy if u think 900 horses will come from 351 inched with the big holes in the intake if u see what i meen

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I lived through the day and believe me there is no such thing as a Boss 351 Windsor. The Boss 351 was only produced in 1971 and Ford only made 1861 units at that. Each and every Boss 351 used the same style canted valve heads (Cleveland) that the Boss 302 used. Basically all Ford did was design an engine that could make full use of the Boss 302 Cleveland cylinder heads.

Here is a pic of the Boss 351 heads and as you can see they have huge intake ports. Ford never made Windsor heads that could breath that good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well when we called ford and gave them the intake numbers they said that that was an experimental motor and it was never suposed to be released but someone leaked some parts out there but u all can think what u want i kno what i kno and if u dont belive me call ford or call any other dealer but there is suck a motor as a 351 windser BOSS

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
1970NovaBoy said:
well when we called ford and gave them the intake numbers they said that that was an experimental motor and it was never suposed to be released but someone leaked some parts out there but u all can think what u want i kno what i kno and if u dont belive me call ford or call any other dealer but there is suck a motor as a 351 windser BOSS
what's the # on the intake ???

you can't have a windsor Boss, because a boss engine uses clevland heads, and not windsor heads, which, you can't have both.. I think the dealer yanked your chain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spellcheck anyone?????

1970NovaBoy said:
He's right, the 351 windsor is a suck a motor!! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok let me get intake numbers and i will post them on here i dont have them on me right now i will have to call him want take a few days

·
Deviant AMC Guy
86 Posts
1970NovaBoy said:
I think you need to get into an english class and learn some punctuation.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Javelin360 said:
I think you need to get into an english class and learn some punctuation.
It would help a lot if he would just use the spell checker here before he submits his post.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
1970NovaBoy said:
TRACK BOSS 351W

It is a single plane 351CLEVOR intake. This might be what he is describing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No i havent ran off, and as far as i kno i didnt kno i had to be so damn proper on here for u all to read this. It sounds to me like u all just like to run ur mouth, im just posting something on here for some conversation,and if u all dont like what i have to say or think dont reply or give ur 2 cents worth. It dont matter to me, but as soon as i get those numbers i will post them. I dont belive in posting something that is wrong i just wanted to kno.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
1970NovaBoy said:
No i havent ran off, and as far as i kno i didnt kno i had to be so damn proper on here for u all to read this. It sounds to me like u all just like to run ur mouth, im just posting something on here for some conversation,and if u all dont like what i have to say or think dont reply or give ur 2 cents worth. It dont matter to me, but as soon as i get those numbers i will post them. I dont belive in posting something that is wrong i just wanted to kno.
You have a problem. That problem is that you are dealing with adults who are used to proper punctuation and spelling. Unless you start using these skills it doesn't look like your going to get anything but ribbing about your apparent lack of schooling. If you want respect around here USE THE SPELL CHECKER and proper punctuation.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts