Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of heads that came off a 350 chevy, out of a 1970 chevelle. They are 2.02 valved heads, have a 3 angle grind job and heavy springs for a 540 lift cam.

They have only been run on the dyno, and a friend of mine wants to trade me some paint work for them but I have no idea what they are worth.

The guy who had the work done on the heads said he spent around 800 to have them done up, but In the recipts he gave me there was only a recipt for 300.

I just wonder what I could sell them for?

Thanks,

Dustin

·
Registered
272 Posts
Without the casting numbers is hard to tell what they are. Take off the valve covers and find the series of 6 or 7 numbers. Without that we can only guess the heads would be worth whatever it would cost to rebuild another pair.

Some castings are better to walk away from.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
depending on the casting number I'd say anywhere from $50 to $250. With $250 being for Vortecs or some nice "double humps."

Remember you can get a complete set of assembled iron aftermarket heads for about $800, and you're selling used factory castings- They're not worth a hell of a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.