Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find an answer to this. how much horsepower will an -8an line support on E85. Plan on using Fragola 6000 series PTFE line and fittings.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Can't seem to find an answer to this. how much horsepower will an -8an line support on E85. Plan on using Fragola 6000 series PTFE line and fittings.
Depends on the pressure in the line. How much horsepower do you want to make? Tell me that and I'll tell you how many gallons per hour you'll need to make that much power. Then you can choose a pump that will move that volume of fuel................I went ahead and ran one example for you.....Let's say that E85 requires 0.70 lbs of fuel to make one horsepower for one hour. Let's say that we want to support 500 horsepower. Multiply 500 times 0.70 and you'll find that you will need to supply the motor with 350 lbs of fuel per hour. Now, divide 350 lbs/hr by 6.2 and find that you need to supply the motor with 56.45 gallons per hour in order to make 500 horsepower. Now, it's up to you to find a pump that plays well with E85 and will deliver 56.45 gallons per hour through a line with an I.D. of _______ (write in exact I.D. of hose after measuring with a micrometer).

Now you have the formula. Use whatever horsepower figures you want to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts