Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Goat Herder
1,397 Posts
jordan, If you're a member at the PY forums, that would be a good place to ask. With the 4" cranks being scarce, they were in demand, but with cast and forged cranks coming out, although not in large numbers, your engine wouldn't be a gold mine. If I were closer, I'd probably make an offer, depending on what parts are in it. When you decide what you want for it, I suggest you post it on Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series, Performance Years, and Classical Pontiac. There are a lot of Pontiacers that would like to upgrade from a 350 or 400.

·
Newskool
246 Posts
Have you tried this yet?

WDCreech said:
jordan, If you're a member at the PY forums, that would be a good place to ask. With the 4" cranks being scarce, they were in demand, but with cast and forged cranks coming out, although not in large numbers, your engine wouldn't be a gold mine. If I were closer, I'd probably make an offer, depending on what parts are in it. When you decide what you want for it, I suggest you post it on Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series, Performance Years, and Classical Pontiac. There are a lot of Pontiacers that would like to upgrade from a 350 or 400.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
jordan2011 said:
what are u talking about?
Advertising is not allowed on the board....A lot of people try to get around this by asking what value others would put on it....They then get interested parties to contact them.

The way you are asking tells me (moderator) that you are wanting to sell this engine....You are getting replys that members may be interested.....Please do all this with PMs (private messages)...........or place an ad in our free classified section.

·
Grumpy Old Goat Herder
1,397 Posts
jordan, I can't give you a dollar value, as it is worth a different amount to each person that would want it. To someone that was looking for a "correct" engine, it would probably be worth more than to someone just want to replace a 400 in his street/strip car, but even in that situation, it could be worth a sizable amount. All 1968 428 blocks were produced with four bolt main caps, but some cast for 69 only had two bolt caps, which would devalue it a little, in most cases. To know, for sure, what engine you have, you need the four digit date code, from the distributor pad, along with the two letter engine code, on the front of the right cylinder bank, between the head mounting surface and the timing cover. Post both those codes here, and I'll tell you what you have.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.