Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just a firefighter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm doing the final body work and priming on my '46 Chevy panel truck. What I need to know is how can I figure out how much paint I need? I've got the firewall and door jams done already so it will be just the outside of the truck. Is there a formula I need to know to figure this? I would hate to be between coats and run out of paint.

·
Just a firefighter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I guess I should have put in more info, my fault. I'll be using a top load HVLP gun with single stage paint. The inside, just dash and inner front doors are already a different color than the body. So it will be just a full outer paint job.

·
Just a firefighter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The paint I'm using is a single stage Urethane solid color paint and will apply three coats (planned anyway). I've done the firewall area already and have a pic posted in my photo album. It glossed out really nice. I've never done painting before but I think it came out very nice.
Now I'd like to know if I can clear coat over the urethane for added depth in the finish maybe put just a touch of flake in it too, just a thought I'm looking at.

Thanks folks

David :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.