Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Holleys with part no 80576s. It is the shiny version of their carburetors. The shine is similar to out of the box Edelbrock carburetors. After several years I have noticed stains/blems on them so certain areas of the carburetor don't have the shine as when they were new. Does anyone know how to clean the blemishes or even know how to polish this shiny finish?

I contacted Holley via email pertaining to the 80576S carburetor. THe answer I got from the Holley tech was "There is really nothing that can be used that I know of, however we do offer a recoloring service here at Holley."

·
www.generationhighoutput. com
897 Posts
I have a pair of Holleys with part no 80576s. It is the shiny version of their carburetors. The shine is similar to out of the box Edelbrock carburetors. After several years I have noticed stains/blems on them so certain areas of the carburetor don't have the shine as when they were new. Does anyone know how to clean the blemishes or even know how to polish this shiny finish?

I contacted Holley via email pertaining to the 80576S carburetor. THe answer I got from the Holley tech was "There is really nothing that can be used that I know of, however we do offer a recoloring service here at Holley."

It's just polished aluminum, right? Some buffing compound and a good buffing wheel or drill attachment should get it back to new. Polished aluminum tends to oxidize over time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just polished aluminum, right? Some buffing compound and a good buffing wheel or drill attachment should get it back to new. Polished aluminum tends to oxidize over time.
Nope! It's not polished aluminum, I tried polishing with Mother's and it did nothing. It looks like a coating of some kind....

Anyone else run into these "shiny" carburetors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.