Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1992 gmc slx 1500 truck for 500 I had no clue what even a yenko engine is .. this guy i bought the truck off of had the engine put in it .. he says .. it is a 350 with 202 head and a 4 bolt main where would I find the serial numbers to see if it really is a yenko since it is in a truck now..

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders.. Ya , sounds like BS story... Also: you replied to a 13 year old thread. Read dates on threads is a suggestion.

·
Born 13th Generation U.S.A.
478 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders.. Ya , sounds like BS story... Also: you replied to a 13 year old thread. Read dates on threads is a suggestion.

LOL maybe you need some glasses (or at least clean them) as the way it looks like for me is the OP (1st) shows 8h ago posted the/his original thread, then 2nd poster 7h ago and ending up with you #3 poster 44 m ago at the time of my post, this is on my end how I see this thread and its thread & post of (1-3 of 3 post) I don't see any " Date" what so ever just Hours. Just saying and not offending anyone.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
LOL maybe you need some glasses (or at least clean them) as the way it looks like for me is the OP (1st) shows 8h ago posted the/his original thread, then 2nd poster 7h ago and ending up with you #3 poster 44 m ago at the time of my post, this is on my end how I see this thread and its thread & post of (1-3 of 3 post) I don't see any " Date" what so ever just Hours. Just saying and not offending anyone.
Hi... I do wear glasses ( I am old too) .. I moved the OP first post to a new thread (here) from the 13 year old thread he posted in. That is why it looks like a new thread because I created a new thread for the OP.

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
Hi... I do wear glasses ( I am old too) .. I moved the OP first post to a new thread (here) from the 13 year old thread he posted in. That is why it looks like a new thread because I created a new thread for the OP.
So now we don't actually know if we are reading an old thread - if you have moved it to a new one?

Not sure I get the point of it.

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
Yenko was a Chevy dealer in Canonsberg. Pa. They built a reputation on building up performance optioned models from Chevy in the period of 1966 through 1973 and again in 81. The name was acquired by Speciality Vehicle Engineering owned by Ed Hamburger best known historically for race engine oiling systems.

The Yenko’s were modifications performed on factory new vehicles delivered to them as a dealer. The engine would be serialed from the factory, the vehicle got trim changes and badges. The engine mods would be measurable components and badged as such.

We would need to know a lot more about the configuration of the engine and its year to even start down the road. The serial number would be on the block pad. If there you can contact Vehicle Specialties Engineering to see if they retained the Yenko paperwork that would ID that block as having passed through their shop.

I’m guessing from your original note that this was a truck that came with an inline 6 and now has a transplanted 350???

The whole thing about seller’s proclaiming some pedigree for an engine is a pretty big joke in the hot rod community, there are about a thousand times more Corvette engines for sale on Ebay and people’s garages than were ever produced by Chevrolet. So when we old timers see such claims the “sounds like an exaggeration” antenna comes up and we move to “prove it”, which in 99% of the cases they can’t. Not saying this is one of those cases, but the odds are pretty high you got more polish than substance.

Bogie

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
So now we don't actually know if we are reading an old thread - if you have moved it to a new one?

Not sure I get the point of it.
if you read the info in front of you, it is obvious the new member Posted his question just hours ago. As I posted: I moved his new question from an old thread. The moderators move posts to new threads often when a new member posts to an inactive 10 to 18 year old thread.

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
if you read the info in front of you, it is obvious the new member Posted his question just hours ago. As I posted: I moved his new question from an old thread. The moderators move posts to new threads often when a new member posts to an inactive 10 to 18 year old thread.
Discussion Starter • #1 13 h ago

I just bought a 1992 gmc slx 1500 truck for 500 I had no clue what even a yenko engine is .. this guy i bought the truck off of had the engine put in it .. he says .. it is a 350 with 202 head and a 4 bolt main where would I find the serial numbers to see if it really is a yenko since it is in a truck now..

The above is what I see - I am afraid I do not see anything that makes it obvious that it is an old thread.

·
478 Posts
Don't know if I as well understand why start a new thread as what came before we don't get to read what ever was said or what lead up to that point, I guess what I'm getting at is Information is lost so some of us would as well be Lost, just saying.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Original thread....

·
RedLine Stage 4 ZL1 650rwhp
1971 BB Chevelle
580 Posts
Yenko Deuce 350/360 HP motor used a 1970 Z28 Camaro LT1 Motor, 4 Bolt Main, Alum Manifold, Forged Alum Pistons, Special Finned Alum Valve Covers, Solid Cam...

175 were made, 2 went to Canada, 173 were 4 speeds, 53 were T-400 Automatics, COPO number 9010 for the Camaro Z28/Corvette LT1 engine. Point being they are VERY RARE so if by some miracle you have one its the best $500.00 you ever spent :) as said start with engine #'s and work from there but it would be like finding the holy grail

Lots of posers out there that would love one of the 173/175 Motors, Hell I use to be one. I had a Yenko Nova Tribute that I removed most of the graphics on. Mine was a built big block tubbed beast so no need to make believe it was worth a retirement amount of money when it wasnt,,, LOL But it was a Bad *** Nova

·
478 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. ???
I also question this thread that someone posted from a 13 or so year old thread and did get a responce from a Administrator ( Crosley) that did bring "one piece" of the OP thread back. Like I said before a lot of information "is Lost" like every body's input/post contribution to the thread. Any old thread is worth re reading as what was in it is important to add/finish the story line. Not "Plugging" a different forum but (67-72chevytrucks.com) when someone adds to a thread "new or Old" it gets put to the front of the line regardless of when it was started. Information is information and shouldn't be lost or silenced. Paul Harvey said it best " Now for the rest of the story". just saying

·
478 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. ???
This is like someone goes to a Library and checks out a book and gets home and starts reading it and get to page 10 and sees someone has ripped out 25 or more pages. Its what is in the middle that also counts which very well might be of some help to someone that's trying to get as much info as he/she can to figure out a problem "and not getting too". also just saying!

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
"The rest of the story"....as posted above....

What do you want, blood?

·
478 Posts
"The rest of the story"....as posted above....

What do you want, blood?

LIKE I SAID in thread #18, its all the rest of what was in the OP's original thread. I guess you don't get it but I see "chasracer" does. Not beating you up on this so don't get your chest all puffed out,LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.