Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to reassemble the front sheet metal on my 37 Ply and I am looking for some tips. I have 3 panels on each fender that make up the fender well and fender. The original gasketing between parts (if any) is gone. I have fender welting for the exposed joints between body and fender. I have searched thru SoffSeal, LoneStarand Gateway Reproductions, but have not found anything that seems appropriate for the seams. I am considering commercial rubber roofing material because I can get it in large sheets, but only about 60 mil thick. I have checked my local Home Depot, auto parts stores and hardware stores and the best they offer is the open cell type foam strip. I suspect that will hold water and accellerate rusting. Are there other sources that I could check out.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with TM454 that foam products will hold moisture. The Milar product recommended by AwSum34 is a good idea that I will follow up on. I suppose the tape is available from a body shop supply store. Thanks for the tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.