Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sbc Chevy. The engine has no miles on it but does have some run time on the start up stand. It was built about 4 yrs ago. My question is how do I get the rust out of the water jackets in the engine without taking my engine apart?

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
I've used a gallon of vinegar with water, will up your system, take a short trip to the store or something, get home, let it cool, flush, rinse, and refill. It's good for mild stuff, the Radiator flush stuff works very well too.

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
I have a sbc Chevy. The engine has no miles on it but does have some run time on the start up stand. It was built about 4 yrs ago. My question is how do I get the rust out of the water jackets in the engine without taking my engine apart?
Is this just a rust color inside the jackets or is there globs or collected rust?

Bogie

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Is this just a rust color inside the jackets or is there globs or collected rust?
Bogie
I wondered about this also, but saw that the motor was built 4 years ago, so I reasoned that it was clean at that time and has just sat in the corner and surface rusted in the block where there was no paint or preservative on the surface of the water jackets. I could be wrong though, I have been a few times.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.