Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends reciently recieved a completly restored 1968 Mustang High Country Special. She is a little mad about the "lack" of performance and wants more power. It has a 251 in it, limited slip in the back and i think her dad said 3.08 gears in the back also.
She can NOT do much to the motor (her dad will shoot her) but she wants to pull a little more, we changed the fluids and filters what else is there to do?

·
WV hillbilly
781 Posts
Sounds like this is a very tough situation, your only option may be to add more rear gear or possibly a power adder... (such as a small shot of nitrous) but given this is a fully restored car the only option may be to leave it as it is, If it were my car I would proboly just add more gear...

HTH 2wld4u

·
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed
1,855 Posts
But if it were my car...........I'd add a 429.........and more gear.:D
Your onl option is prolly more gearing like 3.55s and super tune what ya got.Try differant plug gaps,see if indexing the plugs helps,play with the timing and advance curve of the distributor,play with carb jetting and metering rods.Maybe run an electric fan instead of the clutch fan.Maybe rig the ater pump to run off an electric motor instead of the crank
But in all these will be minut advances the gear will be the biggest improvement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts