Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went&had my flow masters took off&had cherry bomb glass packs put on&there loud but not like I was hoping for.the [email protected] shop said he could rip the insides of the glass packs out&make em pretty much into straight pipes but I said no,had him put them on backwards&pipes pointe to the ground.I've had 2 people tell me to get them hot then hit em with cold water any suggestions?they sound good but....

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Cherrybombs arent going to make any difference which way you turn them,they are preforated core, you can crack the glass,run them and get them hot then run a water hose up the tailpipe,A friend of mine soaked his in atf back in the late 60s or early 70s. If you go this route I would build a fire and throw them in it once you soak the packing in atf, then just repaint them, that way you wont set your car on fire.
Shane

·
Registered
295 Posts
in the 60's-70's,, we used to drive them really hard to get them hot,,shut it off,, and stick a hose in end of glasspacks.. refire up car ,,and rev the crap out of it.. you will start blowing out fiberglass chunks it will get louder and louder as you drive it..
cant say that it's the best method ,, but it does work..
I have some used cherry bombs on my '63 truck,, long ones,, nice and seasoned,, pretty loud,,i'll sell them to you if you can't wait..
never welded on,,only clamps..you need them????

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
techinspector1 said:
You want LOUD, replace the mufflers with two pieces of straight pipe. :thumbup:
Or completely hollowed out muffler cases,thats what I did :) , I had some thrush glasspacks,but with the x pipe it wasnt much louder than the stock single exhaust, Its louder now,but not overly loud, and going down the road 55 in OD with the windows up you cant hear it much at all just a very subtle rumble. The police have had no problem with it so far.
Shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.