Hot Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
ROTFLMAO NAIL POLISH LOL I could see my customers faces now if I told them I was going to use NAIL POLISH to do detail work :eek: THAT'S SO RIDICULES

Sure some of the chemicals found in nail polish are the same found in some auto body paint, Acrylic lacquer ,I'll admit that and I could see a guy grabbing his wife's nail polish if he was broke or desperate to fix a little scratch if it matched the cars paint! But come on your supposed to be a professional Right ! Not a dirt driveway hack :mwink: like a coat hanger to hang a tail pipe is a hack !! LOL but an intelligent professional would not suggest people to hang an exhaust system with coat hangers LOL

Are you actually saying that its the correct and professional way to do detailing' or that in a real pinch its a good hack?? !! Good Nail polish is very expensive 10 bucks for less then an ounce!

You do realize there are thousands of professionals and novices that read these threads and these posts looking for the best advice and with your yrs of experience the best opinion you can give is to paint and detail with NAIL POLISH ROTFLMAO :eek: ABSOLUTELY SILLY LOL

Jester

one post wonder:confused:

·
Grand Prix user
5,416 Posts
One post wonder means the original poster made one post and hasn't returned. Wonder why.

I fix old cars for a living and touch up my daily driver with a felt tip pen. Make something of that.

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
One post wonder means the original poster made one post and hasn't returned. Wonder why.

I fix old cars for a living and touch up my daily driver with a felt tip pen. Make something of that.
LOL Got it ! I think it was a bad joke someone pulled on the site ! I don't think they will post again either :thumbup:

The coment about Through the coal was funny because nail polish and lipstick used to be made from coal oil LOL

Jester

·
Grand Prix user
5,416 Posts
LOL Got it ! I think it was a bad joke someone pulled on the site ! I don't think they will post again either :thumbup:

The coment about Through the coal was funny because nail polish and lipstick used to be made from coal oil LOL

Jester
Funny you mention that, theres a chick who works in the same room I do and today when she pulled away her half mask to speak... her lipstick matched the respirator cartridges.

Too wild, man. :pimp:

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts

You havn't seen my journal :mwink: Felt pen and semi gloss clear:thumbup: over white sealer !! I also air brush, Pin stripe and do murals But with paint, Had 3 speed and custom shops for over 35 YRs . Been retired for 11 YRS but still work at home! The Vet is white and black sealer the flames are the same the lettering and clown and thumper are permanent marker felt pin then semi gloss clear . The Cigar (My wife won't let me smoke em in the house)

Jester

https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/at...entid=453921&stc=1&d=15871774681&d=1587177072

Attachments

·
Grand Prix user
5,416 Posts
You havn't seen my journal :mwink: Felt pen and semi gloss clear:thumbup: over white sealer !! I also air brush, Pin stripe and do murals But with paint, Had 3 speed and custom shops for over 35 YRs . Been retired for 11 YRS but still work at home! The Vet is white and black sealer the flames are the same the lettering and clown and thumper are permanent marker felt pin then semi gloss clear . The Cigar (My wife won't let me smoke em in the house)

Jester

https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/at...entid=453921&stc=1&d=15871774681&d=1587177072
Thats cool. I am talking Sharpie though. :embarrass Two black FWD crap cars.;)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Oh boy... You are using SHARPIES to do detail work? And you belittle ME for suggesting NAIL POLISH?
Are you actually saying that using sharpies is the correct and professional way to do detailing' or that in a real pinch its a good hack?? !!
You do realize there are thousands of professionals and novices that read these threads and these posts looking for the best advice and with your years of experience the best option you can give is to paint and detail with SHARPIES? ROTFLMAO
Right back atcha' man! You are no different then I am. Thinking outside the box and using what is at hand...
Common now, agree to disagree and call it good... :)
Mark

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,327 Posts
the whole bunch of you should get a room and have your bromance off line
you possibly ran off a prospective member and then made a thread asking what happened to hotrodders
i realize some of you are having difficulties dealing with the stay at home orders
but you and your bickering are what's wrong with hotrodders

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
Sharpy artwork on cars, Saw it also on Jay Leno Garage, tried it like 8 yrs ago on sealer!! just for those 2 examples on my Vette! Doesn't last, would not recommend it a all unless it was a temporary thing, better to use paint and a sword brush !

And I Dont recommend nail polish in all honesty, I said before if you like using nail polish to detail that's great if it works for you ! and Ogres right I was off base with sarcasm!!
I also don't recommend lacquer paint for striping or lettering or detailing ! I still do Lacquer paint jobs , Iam not against Lacquer paint.

Jester

https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/at...nt.php?attachmentid=454037&stc=1&d=1587400308

Attachments

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
the whole bunch of you should get a room and have your bromance off line
you possibly ran off a prospective member and then made a thread asking what happened to hotrodders
i realize some of you are having difficulties dealing with the stay at home orders
but you and your bickering are what's wrong with hotrodders
Right you are and "bickering" is what it is... It's easy enough to drop the subject but, when a person starts to get personal, that is where the line is crossed. That's why I responded in kind to what Painted Jester said about me. I am ready to drop it as you can see in my last post... :) No harm, no foul.
Mark

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
Right you are and "bickering" is what it is... It's easy enough to drop the subject but, when a person starts to get personal, that is where the line is crossed. That's why I responded in kind to what Painted Jester said about me. I am ready to drop it as you can see in my last post... :) No harm, no foul.
Mark
I really wasn't getting personal , I would say the same to anyone that responded with that recommendation, If one of my employees used nail polish to detail customers cars I would fire him !! The same as I would If my employee used a coat hanger to hang a customers tail pipe, I would never recommend anyone do that!

It struk me odd that you did and you stood behind it, I do not have any problem with what people do to their own stuff even if terribly wrong. I just in my opinion disagreed with your professional recomendation to use nail polish to detail another persons vehicle ! With respect I still do not understand it !!

And I apologize if I offended you, you did not offend me I used to teach engineering and I don't get offended from a disagreement!
But I am still puzzled? The subject is dopped!!

Jester

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.