Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
New to the Hobby
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed a basic carb rebuild (gaskets, pump, etc) on the center carb of a 65 GTO tripower setup (Rochester 2GC). After reinstalling onto the manifold, I was in the process of tuning the mixture screws when a leak appeared at the bottom of the carb.

There are two holes in the bottom of the carb that have been plugged. One of the plugs popped out. SEE PHOTO. How should I plug this hole? Solder? Weld? The hole is not threaded.

Also, I noticed a vacuum port SEE PHOTO that is not capped. Where is this supposed to go? If unused, I presume I can just put a simple cap on it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
If you cannot locate the proper plug flatten out a small piece of lead with a hammer then place a small amout of JB weld on the backside of the lead. Place the lead over the hole with the jb weld facing the hole and gently tap the lead with the hammer until it fills the hole. Don't over do it, it only takes a thin layer of lead to seal it off.

Vince

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.