Hot Rod Forum banner

how to put a chevy 350 in a pontiac

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jimfulco 
#1 ·
i have never heard of this being done ,, i looked all over the board for this but i guess no one has done it ,, i got a 1973 ventura + 1969 camero engine bored .40 over and a t-400 engine from a 1989 chevy truck,, so i tried to mount the engine with 69 frame and engine mounts? its only like 1 1/2' to short!! i am stuck!!

#2 ·
Chevy and Pontiac motor mounts are different as you found out. What is to short? Don't understand, your using the Camaro frame mount, so the holes will NOT line up with the Pontiac mount holes. You may need to redrill the holes to mount the Chevy motor or weld in the new mount's to fit the frame.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

#4 · (Edited)
Or, you could take the '69 stuff back & trade it in for mounts & engine brackets for a '73 Nova with Chevy 350 engine. The '69 stuff uses the old-type mounting system with metal brackets on the frame, & the rubber mount on the engine. The '73 subframe should be drilled for the newer clamshell-type mount with the rubber on the frame & a metal bracket on the engine. This type is better if the rubber degrades, as the clamshell will keep the motor from lifting & accelerating unintentionally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.