Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys.Stupid but annoying.'68 Satellite station wagon.Today I attempted to remove the rear-side glass off this car.I am good at pulling windshields and not cutting the rubber strips.I imagine how tough it should be to find replacement for such a car.Here is the problem.It seems to me that this particular glass is installed from inside! Lower edge first - where apparently it has no flange on the body- and upper edge last.Anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Removing Rear Glass

:welcome: My Experiences with tail gate glass is there has to be a panel of some kind to access the regulator . There you should find where the window is bolted or reveted to the regulator. I sure hope this helps ya . May be walk away from it and have a beer and think about it.Maybe even sleep on it fer a few nights. It always works for me . :mwink: Al

·
Registered
10 Posts
SW Side Rear Glass

:welcome: I've never done one in that kinda car .But what I've done in my time in that year is not epoxyed in . Have you tried a draw knife? It's a knife glass workers use with a right angle blade on it with a short cable hooked on the upper blade part with a T handle on it for pulling on . Ya might try just a little heat from a hair dryer also it might soften it up .
I really do wish ya luck . It's been so long since I've done any of the year. :mwink: Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts