Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well my 305 heads I think have been polished&ported,but I'm not sure,I know the small square holes by the springd&rocker arms are rigid like they were cut&the bigger sqwures you see when you take the intake off are very smooth&look like there [email protected] top I can't upload any pix because I'm on via my phone any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ported 305 heads??!! Kinda like........

polishing a turd! You could put ALOT of work into re-doing those and then a set of double humps or after market or Vet heads would out flow them 6 ways to Sunday!
Anyway....one thing to look for is put an intake gasket over the intake ports and see if the ports are the same size as the gaskets holes. Same thing with the exhaust ports and exhaust gasket. Same size? If so the PROBABLY some port work has been done. Feel inside the ports. Does it feel smooth and slick ? If so then its a good guess it has had some work.
6sally6

·
Registered
422 Posts
6sally6 said:
polishing a turd! You could put ALOT of work into re-doing those and then a set of double humps or after market or Vet heads would out flow them 6 ways to Sunday!
Anyway....one thing to look for is put an intake gasket over the intake ports and see if the ports are the same size as the gaskets holes. Same thing with the exhaust ports and exhaust gasket. Same size? If so the PROBABLY some port work has been done. Feel inside the ports. Does it feel smooth and slick ? If so then its a good guess it has had some work.
6sally6
Or a set of vortecs would surpass all of them, but that wasn't his question.
To the original poster, look closely inside the ports, if they are smooth, they are ported. If they are rough, about the same surface as the outside of the head, or the valve cover rail, they are not ported.

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx they feal pretty smooth look pretty smooth not smooth as ice but pretty close&they llok like they were once aquares but they've been worked,I mean I put the gasket up to it&it lines up with the gasket except where it would round in the corner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.