Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ed aka fast Eddie aka The one armed bandit. I was born in 1946 and have had a passion for hot rods ever since I knew what one was.

I started street racing in Ohio way back in the sixties. I moved on to drag racing at kil kare drag way in the late sixties, where I got a decent rush but, not quite what I was looking for. I moved on to round track racing at Tri County Raceway and dirt tracking at the famous Eldora race track located in Rossburg, Ohio, The speed rush was better but for some reason I wasn`t endangering my life enough, so I moved on to another round track the indianapolis speedrome in Indianapolis, Indiana., where they not only held some great roundy round races but also held figure eight races on the asphalt, wow, the speed rush was as good as it could possibly get. I ran both the round track races and the figure eight races, every friday and sat. night for about seven years. I also qualified and competed in the very first three hour figure eight enduro championship race, and the next four enduro`s held there after. My best finish was seventh in the only enduro race I was able to finish. All of the other enduro`s my chariot would break leaving me on the side lines as a spectator.
I then decided to open my own auto repair business in the early ninteen eighties, which took over my life and put a halt to all my speed racing antics, whether it be street or track. I have just recently retired and i`m jonesing bad for another speed rush. So, I went out and purchased my self a 1969 Dodge superbee which I`m rebuilding for the street, it will be a 440 block stroked to 500 ci, 4 spd and a dana with 410`s. I also purchased a 1930 chevy sedan off e-bay, that I`m turning into a rat rod. I want to put one of the older Hemi`s in it, but I`m having a hard time finding one in good condition at what I think to be a fair price. So, cars are my life and only second to my family.
Happy hot rodding to you all!
Ed

·
Administrator
18,402 Posts
welcome Ed............Sounds like you have it all planned out...There are a few early Hemi experts here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey Fast Ed...........we're the same age. How can you be retired already. I own my own business, too. I'll retire in 49 months, 8 days........not that I'm counting or anything. I just joined here, too. Looks like we'll have some fun here.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts