Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Bob Byington. I live close to Portland, OR, where we have a very active hot rod community. I do not own a car but love to photograph them at every opportunity and will be posting images from local car shows and cruise-ins. I hope you will enjoy and I welcome comments on my work.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome fellow photographer!

I too don't currently have a car (just three V8 blocks, 25' Chevy truck radiator shroud, and an oversized air compressor), but working on it. In the mean time I too take photos.

Good to know you're in an active hot rod area. Not so much around here. Don't get me wrong, lots of old iron, but mostly still living out their days on the farm as if times haven't changed.

On the photos, I really like how you did the backgrounds, really cuts down on the distraction. I've tried to shoot photos at car shows, it can get frustrating sometimes, especially when you have the wrong lens. Don't often do it, mainly because I tend to get too focused on taking the "perfect shot" of the car than actually enjoying it while it's still in front of my eye's.

Personally, I like to focus on certain details of the car. But that's also due to my limitations in current lens choices until I can afford a nice wide angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.