Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I guess I will introduce myself. I am from Memphis,TN and I have a '81 el camino which is my pride and joy!!!! I have learned alot about cars within the last year especially since I blew up the last 229 and the car has over 300k miles on it. I dropped a used 229 in it earlier this year. Then changed out the carb adding an edelbrock performer intake and edlbrock 500cfm 4 barrel on that. Put a 3.73 posi in the back. I just recently added some edelbrock performer IAS shocks which are amazing. Ever since I got the rear end my car wont go much faster than 80 m.p.h. I think it may be the tranny being a th250c. I am looking to drop a 200r4 in though. This will probably be my next venture for my car. always upgrading. The last thing I will do is try to put a 350 in, but i am going to try to get as many miles as i can out of the 229 first. If anyone has any experience with 229's or el camino's don't hesitate to drop me a line. any info is great i am a novice, but I have learned a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts