Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! My name is David Blanco, I am from Venezuela and live there. The reason why I joined this forum is to seek advice regarding a 1946-47 Ford Super Deluxe, I took a picture of it but unfortunately I can't upload it just yet (writing from my cellphone).

As you may have already guessed, English is not my first language (and I grew up using the metric system also LoL, but I have accepted the fact that I will need to learn to use feet and inches instead of meters and Centimeters), please be patients if I say something that makes no sense.

Now, back to the car. I am considering transplanting a newer (by newer I mean Windsor 302 kind of new) into that car and also adding a T5 transmission if possible. The reason behind this is not because some kind of weir notion that I need a newer engine to get a better car, but because of necessity, as some of you might be familiar with, the situation in Venezuela is not exactly friendly towards car owners, we have trouble finding parts for cars that are newer than the year 1999, and I can't think about how hard it would be to find parts for cars that are older than 1950 (buying abroad is not out of the question but is going to be troublesome, if you want to know why Google "Venezuela foreign currency control"). But there is a little glimmer of hope in all this mess: Cars from the middle 60's and later are really easy to come by and so are the parts to fix the engines that power these cars.

I would really love to just get some spare parts and maybe a blower to add to the flathead inside that car, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and just to state this: I know I am getting into a huge mess :p but I am in no hurry to get this car done, I am aiming to have it finished minimum 6 or 7 years from the day I start working on it but if I finish it earlier then I am not going to complain hahahaha.:thumbup:

·
Registered
548 Posts
The journey and accomplishments are some of the best parts of owning a vintage/classic car. Many people here in the states take the ease of parts availability for granted. It can still get expensive though!

Welcome to the forum!

Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts