Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did a great job on eveything but the nose. The grille sticks out too far past the headlights. If they'd just made the headlights fit the contour of the nose/fenders it would've looked sooooo much better.

Larry

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Ditto on what Larry said. The front is just butt ugly. Headlights just don't seem to fit right and the grille is out way too far. The backend looks pretty good though.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Front end looks like a Buffalo Catcher on old steam locomotives..Other than that not too bad.Beats the heck out of the new Charger though.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
It's built on the new GTO platform. There may be a limited prodution run of 200. Frontend could use some work but it's not a bad looking car. Dan

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like it and I think it looks a million times better than the GTO. Any word on cost or numbers on the 454?

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Kevin45 said:
Ditto on what Larry said. The front is just butt ugly. Headlights just don't seem to fit right and the grille is out way too far. The backend looks pretty good though.
Add my name to that list, the headlights ruined it................

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
NO-OOOOOooooo!!!

That is a sad way to resurrect the Chevelle name.

Give it some of the signature SS features and not the oficial designation?

It looks nothing like a Chevelle from any angle towards the front, and little more than that elsewhere.

They should have just re-popped the older body, with upgraded suspension, steering, drivetrain, and interior comforts.

This is just another old nameplate comeback to see if the young and dumb designers can impress the people who made the real versions of them what they were.

GM has now screwed up the names of:
Impala, Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Corvette (looks foreign to me), and every other name they brought back.

OH WELL, we will learn to live with it.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I want to see one...

up close and personal, like a test drive when/if they come out.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Move It On Over!
227 Posts
The Oil and Temp gages on the Dash are stoopid.
The Round Headlights are a poor attempt at resurrecting old style.
The body is too small and the shape doesn't do anything to me....
Too Much Plastic!

Other than that, the paint is nice and I wouldn't mind having the engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts