Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know where else to put this.

I have several dog dish hubcaps for my '67. Just about all have various dents, some inflicted by yours truly. I have the books that show how easy it is to make them show condition. However, reality is..well...

Anyone know someone who can repair/restore them?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Check the Services offered sections in Old Cars Weekly, Hemmings Motor News, Cars & Parts. There are several individuals and companies that do hub cap and wheel cover restoration.
Are these "rare" caps, because restoration can often cost much more than new caps?

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. No they're not that rare, more of a really hard to find item. When they come on Ebay the bidding usually goes out of sight. I have probably two sets, none of which seem presentable enough.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Here'a long shot, but you never know. If you have a parts book for your car find the original part number for the hubcaps you need and call the local Chevrolet Dealer Parts Department. Ask them is they can get hubcap number XXXXXXXXX but do not tell them what it is for. Sometimes old parts are available through the dealership and factory parts network but YOU have to have the part number.

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea. I've tried the parts counter in the past for old parts and surprisingly have had about a 50% success rate. Now for the part number...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually have a tavern near by that serves fries in dog dish caps. all Chevy and seem to be around the year that went to aluminum style, not chrome but satin finish...all like brand new....

buy me a rum and coke and I'll give you the address...MAC

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bartender...wine and fresh horses for my men!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts