Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the girl at the bank you manage to draw on payday.

I'm talking metal flake. What are you other trigger happy pigment slingin' ladies and gentleman partial too when spraying that huge flake like HOK's "F" size flake? When I spray the fine flake I never change anything, but the "F" size flake requires a bit more prep. What are your tricks and or gun/needle preferences?

I remember back in the begining I used everything from open ended siphen guns to guns used to spray that textured grit on ceilings of houses for that huge flake. Just in the mood for some old school paint like huge flake freak drops and fishscale.

I hope all you guys and gals are having a nice summer. Take care all.

HK

·
8,453 Posts
Sorry, I always wanted to squirt some bodacious flake/candy/ghost flame color but never got the guts to do it. With paint now approaching $200/gal, Not likely I will ever be able to bring myself to squirt anything that isn't a primary solid color!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I enjoy spraying the huge flake and "old school" designs. I've done alot of it and it really make me feel pretty good to remember the cooler days. My bike will be flaked out and maby even fish scaled or some other trippy design. I do the solids and mediocre paint to pay for my occasional huge flake or crazy idea.

HK

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just use my devilbiss finishline syphon feed gun with an agitator cup to spray that ****....

the gun comes with a 1.8 and a 2.2 tip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts