Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ludicrus Skills
50 Posts
Thanks to the forum members!!!

I appreciate the help from the forum members in this thread. Tells a lot about you personally when you help out another hotrodder. If anyone is interested, I now have a PDF of the system 700 exploded parts description and all part #s.

The balancer works well and I purchased 2 flange sets with will allow me to balance lugcentric wheels also.

anyone have a calibration weight (part # 65-27-2) they want to turn loose of?

Thanks,
John

·
Ludicrus Skills
50 Posts
Doray, email sent.....

Joe, funny thing happened last Friday. I took a drive to see a toolbox that was posted on Craigslist. For a change the seller was actually close to me and not in BF North Austin. As I drove up to the guys garage beside his house I see a new hunter tire mounting rig still on a pallet. Turns out this guy is the area rep for Hunter. After the transaction on the old Snap-On tool box we talk about the System 700 balancer and a few items I need for it. He gets out his cell and calls his service guy and .....well we will see what happens next. He has already quoted me on the calibration weight. I could use the cup and spring.

The tool box was filthy. The 3 box pieces were listed in the 1967 Snap-On catalog. It had been in the possession of the sellers Dad for many years (over 40) in a shop in the area. Turns out they had performed service for me on my cougar multiple occasions several year back. I did a cleanup on the top 2 pieces and sprayed the drawers with rattle cans. The bottom box is all I really wanted just to set my HF multi-purpose machine on. It has yet to get painted but hey, I haven't even owned it a week yet.

joe_padavano said:
If you contact Hunter, they have local reps who can come to you (for a fee) and calibrate the machine. I didn't want to spend the money,
Good suggestion. I did balance a wheel and turn it 90 degrees and then 180 degrees and check if it was repeatable. It was.

John

·
Ludicrus Skills
50 Posts
silverhawke said:
I have worked at my current shop for 9.5 years and our balancer has not been recalibrated in that time. I am trying to move it to another location and need to know hoew to recalibrate it. can anyone help me out?
Files Sent, Good luck with the calibration.

John

1 - 20 of 37 Posts