Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
man, Im not finding anything in my notes with that number. Are you sure thats not some kind of patent number or something?
can you post a pic? I responded to your WTB post as well.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
OK so without knowing a bit more about the shifter application; the 6 digit number stamped vertically is an in-house process number and I think it may have been used as a warranty reference/registration number. It is not a date code or installation number or model.

Most likely, its a generic GM/Ford/AMC aftermarket shifter, as long as the handle is a bolt on affair and not welded.

I sent this pic to Eric @ Crash and asked his opinion on the odd chance it was something I hadnt seen before.

Nate

·
More for Less Racer
20,931 Posts
From the picture you've posted and just what can be seen i it....the shifter body is just the hurst Competition Plus body, nothing about it is specific to any application.....specific model differences are handled by the mounting plate, linkage kit, and handle style.

An analogy:
it's like ordering a 1/4 lb hamburger....the burger and bun are always the same.....the only differences are the condiments and toppings put on the burger to make it different.
The shifter body is the meat patty and bun,....... the mount plate, linkage and handle are the condiments that make it fit a specific application.

Your shifter body would fit a couple dozen, if not more applications. Not specific to Corvette based off just what you've posted so far.

In the left side of the picture at about 10 o;clock, you can see the overtravel stop bolt and jam nut for the 3rd gear position.....which means it is an aftermarket shifter body, and not a factory installed Hurst shifter.
Factory spec main shifter body's don't have the adjustable travel stops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.