Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old(s) Fart
6,014 Posts
bizerk said:
i'm i able to uses the hurst/old lighting rod shifters on a th350?
Um, the whole point of the Lightning Rod shifters is that there are three levers for the 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shifts on the four speed 200-4R. I guess you can use it on a TH350, but one lever would be non-functional. Of course, the bracket that holds the cable to the trans pan and the lever on the trans shifter shaft will likely need to be modified or custom made to fit the TH350.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Don't take this wrong; sell the Lightning Rod shifter, and buy a good one. The Lightning Rod will bring good money on that auction site we all know and love. G.M. tried to make make it look like a Lenco shifter, but on a transamatic automission.

·
Old(s) Fart
6,014 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are these Lightning rods from a real Hurst/Olds or one of the aftermarket ones sold by Hurst? If they are from a H/O and not currently installed in a car, I agree, sell them to a restorer and buy the correct shifter for your application.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love Lightning Rods. I don't know why Hurst/Mr Gasket doesn't re-release them now that people have more money to spend on that kind of thing. It's easier to find units out of H/O cars than aftermarket Hurst ones from what I've seen. I remember they used to be $450 back about 20 years ago for the aftermarket setup.

He should still be able to use the Olds setup. The rods are for 1-2, 2-3 and then the 3rd lever is for PRN OD and D. So the only thing that wouldn't be functional is the OD selection. I'm not sure if those shifters were cable or rod actuated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.