Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 3/4 ton suburban with a 454. it is leaking power steering fluid from the hyrdoboost unit where the brake master cylinder/resevoir mounts the the hydroboost unit. is this a common problem? how is it fixed?

·
Old(s) Fart
6,015 Posts
jameskrusmark said:
i have a 99 3/4 ton suburban with a 454. it is leaking power steering fluid from the hyrdoboost unit where the brake master cylinder/resevoir mounts the the hydroboost unit. is this a common problem? how is it fixed?
Sounds like time for a rebuilt hydroboost. I had to replace the one on my 99 truck a year or so ago. Not very difficult to do, but remember to take the pushrod, spring, and retainer from your old unit before you return it as a core, since you need to reuse these parts.

DO NOT ask me how I know this... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
jameskrusmark said:
I've got the same problem with my 96 3/4 ton suburban, but i have the 6.5 diesel. I dont think its really a common problem tho because my truck has 250k on it and the hydraboost has never been changed. The part is kinda expensive. $180 from the parts store for an A1 Cardone part and $433 from the dealer for an oem ac delco part. And i dont care much for a cardone part. But i cant afford $433 so cardone is what im gonna have to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.