Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Its been forever since I have been here but life is a ***** for sure. I have a 1965 Chevy C10, SBC 355 (010 4 bolt main block, .030 over bore stock stroke etc ect twin 63mm turbos 8.5:1 torker 2 intake, World Sportsman 2 heads, MLS head gaskets, ARP head studs,1.6 roller rockers, 850 CSU blow thru carb, Aeromotive A1000 pump with boost referenced Aeromotive return style regulator, -10 feed line and -8 return, pre-100 micron Aeromotive filter and a 10 micron Aeromotive filter on a 10 gal cell. MSD 6AL BTM, TH-400 w/ 3500 stall converter, AND other than meth injection, it basically has it. With that being said, I am having tuning issues with the blow thru dumping fuel thru the primary (front) vent hole. I give the bowls a little tappy tap tap and it stops till the next time. I have taken the bowls off and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. fuel pressure is set at 6psi on the nuts and the level is set just under the sight hole. Shake the truck a little and it trickles out like it should. So, I dont know what the hell is going on. any ideas? BTW, needle and seats look perfect. it is a newer carb with hardly any run time on it let alone any wear. What you thinking I am doing wrong? I am out of ideas and videos to watch to get it working trouble free.

·
More for Less Racer
20,932 Posts
Even if the needle and seats look perfect, just try replacing them. Occasionally I have run across brand new ones that are even sticky, something in the machining tolerance or surface finish is sometimes just enough to make them act funky in certain situations.

Sometimes you will run into the same thing with the float and the pin it pivots on, and replacing the float assembly fixes it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.