Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ben, I am 24. I am a former just about everything, (House painter, Engine Machinest, Sales, Rental car agent, Etc.) Now I am a used tire salesman, pays the bills with a little extra that is about it, but, I don't have to deal with a jerk off Boss, Thank God. Anywho,,,,, I am looking foward to participating in many discussions, and learning alot of things I did not know before, and sharing my info to the needy. My pops is an old street rodder from the 60's and he taught me how to do things right, not half arsed. Have a great day. I am outta heeeaaaa:welcome:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome.:welcome:

Ghetto Jet is right, ricers don't last long around here.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Oh don't get us started on ricers we really hate them.

It's not that we don't like the import guys it's just, well, they get horsepower envy and end up leaving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't want to debate it hear anyway, I did however just respond to a thread about this here. Feel free to read it and then we can discuss horsepower envy.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Not worth debating, I was joking. What very few import guys that have joined have left, probably because there wasn't any other import guys on the site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigbird said:
Welcome.:welcome:

Ghetto Jet is right, ricers don't last long around here.
Let me clarify, I am talking about the ricers, now here is what imports I do respect and would maybe like to own: Ferrari Enzo, Lambo, Honda Cbr1000 RR(My uncle just bought one, what a bike, quiet as a baby sleeping too, you would never expect it had power). I am friggin sick of all the Toyota stupra's and the nissan skylines (wait don't they make ramen noodles, what are they doing building cars, lmao). Our American Muscle are eons better than that crap, even if a Jap company made a V8 or a V10 I still wouldn't buy it. I own a 73' Camaro, a 70' BB Nova, and a 92' Dodge dakota. That is all I need.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
I've owned muscle cars and imports and noticed that hot rodding an import isn't much different from hot rodding american cars. Not all imports have big fat ugly wings or horrible looking ground effects. America did a good job creating american rice with the dodge daytona.

Notice the rice effect. Big Fat wing and extended nose. I'm sure the wing and nose were benificial but it still looks ugly. Japan came out with the greatest sports car in the world called the Datsun 240Z and went on to win atleast 8 SCCA championships in a row. Unless people are racist about foreign cars they should lighten up a bit.

Why should it matter where the car was made as long as it's fun to drive. This 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R ran a 10.44 @ 137mph from a 2.0L motor and a single turbo. These cars are rated by Car and Driver "10 Best" winner four times and an Automobile "All-Star" twice. How many american cars have done that?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
We run the import guys outa here pretty quick.

Welcome to the board.
Yo, im gunna tell my boy vin deisel bout dat an maybe ill take out my 100hp eclipse and smoke ya:p

j/k

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
Wait... let me install a 9 foot carbon fiber 3 level wing with gold metal flake. Good for some serious head turning. :nono: :spank:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts