·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here tis.

FRONT

MID

REAR

I lowered the front section of the seat bracket a 1/2 in. so I'll have a bit more room with my knees and the wheel. Anyone who has ever ridden in a stock Mustang knows that the stock seat placement SUCKS, so I hope this does the trick for me. Try to ignore my runs in the rubberizing compound I sprayed inside. THat stuff comes out of the can QUICK and THICK. I primed both sides and the floorpans (both) and used metal silicone to seal up my weld seams. Then sprayed with rubberizer from the can. Next up on the agenda is to lay down the insulation mat with adhesive. From there, carpet, pedals, wheel, dash, wiring, and I'll be on my way out the DOOR!!!! :pimp:

MoocH

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Nice work mooch, isn't it a nice feeling knowing that now when you run something over it won't end up in the car with you.

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Looks good. No more wet feet and/or other body parts. The SwissMiss Chocolate sound deadener is a unique innovation.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I took the advice of a good friend and decided to use the rubber stuff on the inside and outside of the pans. I figured when I have the insulation and carpet in, I won't ever want to mess with it again. Since it had some time to dry, I want to spray some WD-40 in and see how it runs off. As long as liquid makes its way to the drain holes, I'm good to go.

Man this thing has taken me a heck of a lot longer than I thought. I figured it would be easy, but once I got the old pans out, there was just sooooooooo much surface rust to grind down and treat. This car is BARELY able to restore without taking it down to the frame.

MoocH

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Aint this Hobby fun?

Just think, some guys buy a car to take it all apart and rebuild it better than new?? I just want to make mine driveable...paint on the surfaces that need paint and chrome where it belongs. I really like the Rat Rods!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heheh I hear ya Tazz. I was aiming for drivable, but I put my foot through a rusted floor.

That's when the madness began. :drunk:

I love it. :thumbup:

MoocH

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Aint this Hobby fun?

tm454 said:
Just think, some guys buy a car to take it all apart and rebuild it better than new?? I just want to make mine driveable...paint on the surfaces that need paint and chrome where it belongs. I really like the Rat Rods!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
:thumbup: thats the ticket. aint no rod better (or cheaper) than a rat rod.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I started in early July. If you check out my album, I finished the cutting around 7/24 and started treating the frame rails. I figured it would be a good time to weld in some 1/4in steel bars to stiffen up the rusted areas inside the frame rails.

Remember, I only get to work on this thing on the weekends, so I average about 12 hrs a weekend wtih sat and sun. I still have to prime and rubberize the passenger side before I lay down the insulation. The mats are just sitting on my trunk waiting to be layed in. hopefully I can get everything back in and my fuel lines connected and try it out again before the snow comes.

MoocH

·
Not so New Member
58 Posts
Hi, Congratulations,it must feel great to be done with that floor, I've got that, and a cowl to replace on my 66. It looks like you did some work on the rear torque box; if so, can I ask what gauge steel you used?
Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I used what was left of my toe-boards from the driver's and passenger's side. The original toe boards were still in pretty decent shape, not as much water could collect on them, so they weren't as rusted as the floor section. Whatever area I needed to replace of the toe board, I used the new toe board, but I had a LOT of scrap from both of them, so I just bent them to shape the rear torque boxes.

The inner-bottom section of the rear torque boxes were fine. Just grinded them and primed clean.

I'm moving on to the hood next for a functional scoop.

MoocH

1 - 20 of 25 Posts