Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the're not exactly hot rods. Really they can be considered the opposite by some people, but hey, I think they can be pretty cool. So I'm on my way home from work today taking a way I usually dont take. I pass by this farm and there are 3 volkswagon beetles sitting out by the road. One of them had a for sale sign on it so I figured I would stop and check them out. All of them are in pretty good shape...better than my car when I bought it. The owner said two of them run and one (a '74 super beetle) was a daily driver until it got rear ended. The other supposed runner (a '71) was in a movie and was flipped. The roof is dented up and so are 2 of the fenders. The other one is a '71 that doesnt run but the body on it is straight. The owner originally want 1000 for all 3 but I got him down to $600. At that price how could I turn down $200 per car :) . Me and a friend (I talked him into it on agreement he gets one) ended up giving him half the money to hold the cars until we can pick up the cars sometime this week. I want to take the motor from the wrecked 71 and put in the other 71. I can take the umm "hood" off the the wrecked 71 and replace the dented one from the 74. I'm hoping that and some tuning up and I might can have 2 halfway decent drivers. I really want to turn one into a little open track car. Another really cool thing is parts are really cheap compared to something like my impala. it might make me a bit of a loser for driving one, but I intend to beat on it like a rental and have some fun with it. Isnt that what its all about? I will get some pics when we go pick the cars up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha well umm one of the cars has some nasty body damage so... :rolleyes: . Really that one has a very good chance of becoming a dune buggy. I'm also playing with the idea of building a motor for one of them. Big bore kit (1600cc-1650cc), Stage 3 cam, Ported heads, High per oil pump, some decent exhaust pipes, Ignition upgrade and maybe a few other small things. Im curious to see how fast I could get one of the little things going without spending a lot of money. Its a LOT cheaper than building a motor for the impala :) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts