Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Really shouldn't be much to it I wouldn't think. I haven't changed one on a malibu, but most I've seen have some sort of retaining ring you turn and then remove the bulb and plug in the new one, replace the bulb and retaining ring. Some, are kinda tough to get to. Try not to touch the glass of the new bulb when you install it. This or if moisture gets in through the headlamp somehow can burn out the bulb quicker. A few parts stores like autozone also install headlight bulbs for free.

3,214 Posts
I just worked on a 99 Malibu, but think the 2000 is the same. The headlight is held in by 2 white strap like pieces on the back, under a cover panel held on by push in pins. You pull up on the white pieces a little way to release the light from the ball studs. Remove the light assy to have access to the light bulbs located on the back. The bulbs push in and turn to lock.

Hope this helps. I can often do those things in my sleep, but have a hard time writing directions for doing it.

Aaron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.