Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil Leaks Suck!
I thought it was coming from the rear of the oil pan so I replaced the oil pan gasket two times and it still didn't fix it
The oil pressure line fittings are leaking so I have to replace them but i don't know if that is were the oil leaking in the rear is coming from or not
351W Ford 1985

·
Registered
290 Posts
Oil Leaks

If you want to save time, uneeded repairs and pulling your hair out on oil leaks put some dye in the engine. Most of your dealerships and a few parts stores sell tracer dye. It's about $4.00 a bottle. Matco, Cornwell & Snap-On -Tools sell a pocket Black light that looks like a ink pen for $25.00. Pour the dye in your oil and run it awhile. Park in your garage or in the shade and take the light and look for the yellow streaks. Follow the streak back to the source. You may have to pull a dust pan or move a few things but you will get to the problem and not be wasting time or money. The other posts were correct you need a mirror and it probably is a rear main leaking. The Black light is a good investment for your tool box. :smash:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts