Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start out by saying this.
This is by far the best automotive online forum I have ever been a part of!

I hear a lot of complaining about the mods on this board and I feel like they are doing a great job, yes they upset some of us from time-to-time, but hey, that's going to happen...They are here to moderate the board and make it a good place to get info without all of the other crud.

I am a subscriber of a VW forum and I have been REALLY disappointed in their forums. They don't have anything that could be called a real moderator. There are hundreds of duplicate postings and half of the people are giving people bad information in replies to posts! The language is outrageous-even for me-

I guess I just want to say THANK YOU to all of the members of this board and to keep up the great work!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Agreed, it's a tough line to have to draw sometimes but it absolutely pays in the long run.

Tough mods are the only way to keep a board from turning into a giant flame war and keeping the content useful.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
You meet the nicest people on the hotrodders.com forums

You can't expect any better from the guys on the vw forum, look what they have to work with?? Now here on hotrodders we have all type of rods and muscle cars and truck's to choose from.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
Mods have the toughest job on the board. Admins get to sit back and make decisions. Mods have to get "in the trenches" where the bullets are flying, and somehow make things alright in the end; without shooting anyone.

You can see the parallels on the board between 2 separate threads/issues we have going right now: the cop issue, and the moderator issue. In this thread, people are discussing how it's wrong to intentionally break the law, then blame the cop when you get ticketed. Same thing with the moderators around here, I think. People break the law, the mods hand out a ticket, and then they blame the mods.

You should blame yourself first. Then blame the law. Then blame the people who encouraged the law. Then the people who passed the law. Then the moderator/cop who enforces the law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts