Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been lurking for quite awhile,I have read alot of the past archives post and i feel pretty informed on rack and pinion etc..

Heres my scenario BBC air condtioning (thinking of weight ) etc.. fatman mustang II crossmember installed on a 62 chevy C-10 pickup,Air bags ,tubular upper and lower control arms installed by previous owners rod shop ,truck drives like a dream 2000 . In 2002 I noticed rack was leaking so i replaced with 74-78 power rack(#22-200) bolted right up .I had to call to figure out the 4" extension to connect to the tie rod but got it together had it aligned, drives like a dream. About 6 mos ago it started leaking a little , now it is starting to pour out both sides. The truck usually only goes to shows , I have only put 2,000 miles on rack and it is shot (seals). Is there too much weight on top of the rack (BBC) What are the chances I got a bad remanufactured power rack, or is it because I don't have a pressure valve inline to reduce line pressure from my gm power steering pump. The truck also has air ride all 4 corners so i am wondering if lowering it for stance at shows stresses the rack ? Also I guess I am considering heidts valve, is there any other choices. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Trying to get it fixed to go to Reno for street vibrations bike thang:spank: :smash: :smash:

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's no weight on the rack other than the pressure needed to turn the wheels left and right, so the BBC part is not inthe picture. I'm a believer in the pressure valve.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts