Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my drive home from the job, there is a neat 66-67 Impala four door that is priced very nice. I am a mopar guy, but this may just lure me into the land of brand x for a brief foray. I can always tell myself that I am just buying it and fixing it so I can sell it. And in that manner I can buy my next mopar. (Mopars are expensive if you all dont know!)

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Yea...I know that!

Parts for my 37 Dodge are expensive too. You should price the parts for a 69 Pontiac...ridiculous! I have a garage full of SBC engines and parts and 350th transmissions and a stable full of Chevy's!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
pardon me i know i'm a little biased but i think a 66-67 impala is a great way to foray into chevy land:thumbup:

<------------:thumbup: :cool:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I say go for it.

I haven't told anyone yet, but I bought a (ducks) '79 Dodge PowerWagon 4x4 for my boys. at least I won't be seen driving it....:thumbup:

·
Anything with a throttle
439 Posts
Go ahead and sin away...I'm a Chevy guy from the start, but that didn't stop me from buying a 64 Dodge 880....383...Push button trans.....4-door......and hooooge......Loved that thing...all for $60.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the dark side:evil:

I'm mainly an F-Body guy but a few months ago I broke down and bought a '55 Ford F-250. A little change never hurt anybody.............except for maybe Jerry Garcia.

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
Hot rodding is hot rodding no matter what brand. I own two chevys (chevelle and nova) and 68 Chrysler Newport custom and a 75 Ford truck. It's all good.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I say don't waist your money on a cookie cutter car. As a Mopar guy you're already a member of an elite section of society. Why lower yourself to something everyone else has. Show some backbone man, be an individual and not an also ran! :spank:

MOPAR OR NO CAR :mad:

Centerline
53 Chevy Pickup - 331 HEMI
32 Ford 3 Window coupe - 354 HEMI
64 Dodge Polara 2 door HT - Max Wedge Clone
03 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 - 5.7 HEMI
56 DeSoto 330 Hemi - waiting for a home
57 DeSoto 345 factory dual quad HEMI - also waiting for a home

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Weimer said:
Says the guy with a 32 Ford 3 window....LOL! :p
Later,
WEIMER
Hay, I'm an equal opportunity HEMI builder. ;)

Centerline

·
Registered
23 Posts
i am a big G.M. guy, i have 3 of them, but a few years back i saw an 88' mustang in GREAT shape. didn't hesitate bought it right there. i say go for it man!

jj

·
Tow Chainer
245 Posts
You can become a dealer buy and sell the cut stuff to other people, and keep the prime (mopar) merchandise for yourself.

And they are good to practice on. You wouldn't want to learn on a good car.

This from the guy whose daily driver is a 2001 Saturn sc2. (It's NOT a chevy! No it is not. Look it's plastic. Definately not a chevy...)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So being a Mopar guy at heart, I was wrong about the year. This thing is a 1964 Impala. ( kind of like my grandfathers old ride) I stopped by today and gave it the once over. Ohhh the temptation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is becoming a problem for my psyche! Mopar is a religion, and the Mopar Gods may just turn their backs on me forever. But then again, I would be doing my part to keep another old car from the trash heap.

I told my wife today that it was made in 64 and so was she. I then buttered her up by saying that I could have two beautiful things from the year 64. (She reminded me that I am a mopar guy and questioned what I was up to. She knows me too well.)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Give in to temptation brother.:evil: Be careful though, I had to change religions when I got married. She--the evil one--got me a Ford and a...dare I say it...Mopar. I still pray to the one true god of internal combustion, Louis Chevrolet, but I have to also pray to false gods for show.
Careful, sometimes those "other" manufacturers have better ideas and if, just if, they have enough of them, they could change your religion forever. ha...ha...ha..ha.:evil:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I changed my mind. Go ahead and buy the '64 Impala. It's a classic and besides.....

There's plenty of room in the engine compartment for a

HEMI

Centerline

1 - 20 of 22 Posts