Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i had built this motor its taken me about 4 yrs and it wont stay running it has a KB racing 383 stroker kit in it and it was installed and put together by a well known machine shop and balanced, aluminum heads, lunati cam 610/610, roller lifters, and 1.6 roller rockers i had problems with the vavle lash cause if i go to zero and give it a quarter or half turn it has absolutily no compression but if i go to zero lash and tighten the locker screw it has compression so i letf it at zero lash and tried to start the car it seems like it wants to run but it will start and not stay running i know that my timing is on and that im right there but i wonder if its not opening the vavle at the right time. or if im not getting a good spark but i have a MSD 6A ignition system and distributer , edelbrook dual plain, demon carb 700cfm can you help me in figure this out thank you Anthony

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
At .610" lift is it a solid roller lifter cam or hydraulic roller?? Valvetrain adjustment is vastly different between the two. Do you have the information off the cam card as far as the cam spec's are concerned, or a part # for the cam??

·
31 five window
1,596 Posts
Also I have seen people that tighten the push rod till the lifter is fully collapsed then a 1/4 turn. You are supposed to tighten while spinning push rod between your fingers and as soon as you feel tension that is zero lash.Then you go 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Is this your problem? Hope this helps. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.