Hot Rod Forum banner

I need car weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Rickracer 
#1 ·
Do you guys know any were i can find out weights of cars???An online site would be great but i'll take what i can get. :smash:

#12 ·
I don't know of any book or web site that lists the weights of all cars. I think your request is a little difficult. If you have a few cars in mind then that would help a lot. You also haven't mentioned the type/size engine you will be running. This makes a difference too, some cars are better suited for a small or big block. Suspension is a HUGE factor as well. If you just want a light car to drag race, buy a Chevette or a Vega (the Chevette is lighter).

If you are strictly talking Chevy from the 60's and 70's I would have to agree the Nova's/Chevy II's are probably the lightest. You are still looking at about 3200lbs the early 60's cars would be the lightest/smallest. The problem is these are unibody cars and if you want to run big power you will have a lot of chassis work to do if you want it to really work and live.

Pick a make and model and do a search on it, I know you can find the weight of Novas online I have searched for it before (as well as Camaros).

Royce

#13 ·
Check out this site, it lists the weights of cars. Mostly 80's and 90's though.

vehicle weight

Here's another interesting one, just for fun. It's the weight of engines:

engine weight

I've weighed my car at the garbage transfer station, only cost a couple bucks. Around here, the local drag race track also has a scale that can be used for free.
dh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.