Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would like to straight pipe my 92 grand marquis which i am assuming is the same as the stock crown vic. its a 281 not the 302 i am not sure how i should do it. my neanderthal thinking is to just cut the whole exhaust pipe off from as far as i can and replace it with a straight exhaust. but when i look under my car i only have one pipe however i notice where there is a junction where two pies wher made one. i am considering cutting it there and runnign two pipes out but i am not sure if that qualifies as strate piping. any help that anyone can give a 19 yr old trying to give his precious 281 a little more power and speed will be gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty sure those 281s need the cats or they run like crap. I don't know if you planned on keeping those or not. Depends on your emissions laws really. :pain:

You could run 2 pipes from the cats all the way back. Planning on doin this yourself? Custom exaust usually isn't too expensive, depending on where you live I guess. Expect anywhere from 150-350 if you take it in for custom duals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.