Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 4.3 is killing me i have change egr valve, 02 sensor, fuel filter,distriubutor cap n rotor n , brakes power booster and still looses power while running ,lots explotion and some times it shuts down

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
silverado4.3 said:
a 4.3 is killing me i have change egr valve, 02 sensor, fuel filter,distriubutor cap n rotor n , brakes power booster and still looses power while running ,lots explotion and some times it shuts down
Year would be very helpful, lots of year by year variations out there.

This word "explotion", do you mean explosions? If so out the intake or out the exhaust?

Bogie

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
if its not the cat converter plugged up and timing is set base 0 and firing order is not wrong, then its the fuel pump it sounds like.

been through this a million times on TBI 4.3 and v-8

these things are VERy sensitive to fuel volume/pressure

if its just a hair too low then it will have next to no power when trying to drive it. and it will barely go past 25 or 30mph as well.

egr dirt will cause stumbling dying at start up, if it will start..

bad idle quality will be either bad cap, rotor, and wires, or dirty IAC motor

all these are VERY common random issues on these TBI engines.

but nothing major

should be replaced or cleaned now and then anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i change the comp. behind the glove compartment' got it from a pull a part place n so far is driving better ;i hope that's what it was .now i'm trying to adjust the gear box. is that possible? if so where u do the adjustment ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.