Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
I'm wanting to put some aftermarket gauges in my Cougar... It didn't have a tach, ammeter, or oil pressure gauge from the factory and instead of replacing in with a gauge pack that did, I'd like to replace them (my experience with Ford gauges' accuracy is less than stellar)... The problem is I have 4 equal sized holes (~3-13/16" diameter) to use. Now, I found these http://www.tpigauges.com/new_page_1.htm, and love them, but they are a shade on the pricy side... I don't want to make a new bezel, I want to put new gauges in the factory one, the car's whole theme is a factory/vintage look, but underneath alot of modifacation. I might be able to fab something for the center of the dash, but not sure if I want to. I wanna run the 6 standard gauges. The bezel could be opened up just a shade, and I can fabricate fill in panels if need be (depth and mounting isn't an issue, I'm making the brackets). Anyone else have any creative ideas?

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,141 Posts
I think you have the right idea of making your own insert because there is a very limited number of guages to fit a 3+ inch hole as you prolly know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.