Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help please! I want to order my husband airbags for his car for Father's Day without him knowing but I don't know exactly what he needs. He has a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker, he has already lowered the back end but wants to lower the front end with airbags, can someone please let me know what I need to order for him.

·
The mobile view is crap
1,876 Posts
To be honest I would get a prepaid visa or a summit gift card (preferably the visa so he's not stuck to one place). I fully understand the element of surprise but getting him the wrong setup might make him feel he just has to make due with it so he doesn't make you feel bad. Maybe talk to his buddies and see if they can get what he wants out of him.

·
Registered
768 Posts
To be honest I would get a prepaid visa or a summit gift card (preferably the visa so he's not stuck to one place). I fully understand the element of surprise but getting him the wrong setup might make him feel he just has to make due with it so he doesn't make you feel bad. Maybe talk to his buddies and see if they can get what he wants out of him.

^^^^ This. The vision he has in his head for his car is very unique...it's really no different than the cologne he wears or the shoes he likes. You're best off getting him the prepaid deal.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
^^^^Ditto!^^^^
If you could casually ask him how much it would be to get the front suspension "right", cost wise, take that number and double it! No really... :)
Mark

·
Registered
366 Posts
First of all I want to say...what a great wife! Taking an interest in what he is doing and trying to help out is wonderful. My wife is in the same boat as you. She would love to get me things for my truck but really has no idea what or where to buy things. And...if it's anything like clothes, she would buy me something that isn't what I had in mind then the decision comes down to me whether or not to return it and possibly hurt her feelings. She has given me gift cards in the past and I have put them to good use and we were both happy. I have a buddy that has a project truck but his wife thinks it's a waste of money and time and I see the frustration with him. The other suggestions are good ones. In conversation with him try to find out what exactly he is looking at or talk to his buddies...my wife has done both. Good luck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would add that he may have a stock front end or some type of clip instead of the stock setup, that would change the parts he would need. I agree with the pre paid Summit card unless you can find out exactly what he wants. I applaud you for being a good wife as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts